While for the whole world "GMT" stands for "Greenwich Mean Time" for us, people living in Georgia, it's "Georgian Maybe Time", because we have our own feeling for time!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

INTRODUCTION

Hello!

My name is Temur Ovchiev, based in Tbilisi, Georgia. After being very much inspired by my friend, Arzu Geybullayeva an author of "Flying Carpets and Broken Pipelines" blog, from Azerbaijan, who writes on a range of different issues in her country such as politics, gender, society etc. I decided to start a blog.

So far I’m not sure what exactly I want to write about, but as Arzu once told me “just start writing about something, just anything and let’s see what happens”. So, now I think of writing about something, something that bothers me, something that I want let other people know, something that I would like to discuss and say how I feel about it, something that can be interesting, based on my own experience and point of view.

I also would like to write and discuss some of those changes that took place in different spheres in Georgia for the past 6 years by our new government. To write as an ordinary citizen, describe my own feelings and my own everyday experience.

Considering that blogs are usually written by ordinary citizens, I want to believe that blogging, as one of Social Media Tools, is a good way of getting more or less realistic and objective information in different fields, would that be social, political or cultural issues.

Concerning the name of the blog, while for the whole world "GMT" stands for "Greenwich Mean Time" for us, people living in Georgia, it's "Georgian Maybe Time", because we have our own feeling for time, so i thought that it would be good idea to name my blog GMT - "Georgian Maybe Time".

For now this is all I wanted to share with you, and I hope to get back soon with more interesting topics!

Best !!!

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll try my best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. only now I believe that Georgia has future:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck and looking forward to your posts! :) Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Temur,
    i am looking forward to reading your impressions about life in georgia..
    greetings from zurich,
    sebi

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mari Gabedava-thank you very much darling!
    @Sebi- Thank you, it was a pleasant surprise to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, I love reading blogs!!!... I loved reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is interesting to me for two reasons: First, it shows that the way of thinking started from being a child continues !!!!!!!! And second, it serves to promote your work!!!!!!!! minorities are disintegrated part of Georgia , so the more we talk about problems we have in this field the better the life is!!!!!Does the 'loss' of control over who gets to see your work make you nervous,??? if somebody does its up to him, they just never experienced being in minority . or are you comfortable with this aspect of social software? if yes , so keep up boy !!!!!!! You made me proud againto be your teacher once !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your new blog--you've made a great start, and these are interesting posts! Are you on Twitter? Anyway, I'll add you to my RSS Feed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much Ani for inspiring comment! No I'm not on Twitter or not yet :) Do I know you in person by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, I'm not living in the Caucasus...Do get on Twitter if only to tweet your own posts--but you'll do more, I guarantee... ;)

    ReplyDelete